An Open Source Framework for Underwater Image Processing
Video and Image Analytics for Marine Environments
In cooperation with NOAA’s Automated Image Analysis Strategic Initiative (AIASI), Kitware has developed VIAME, an open-source system for analysis of underwater video and imagery for fisheries stock assessment. VIAME will enable rapid, low-cost integration of new algorithmic modules, datasets and workflows.
- Open Source basis fosters easy collaboration and transparent development for the widest possible community involvement.
- Multiple Baseline Algorithms allows users to train detector, classification, and size estimation models based on varying amounts of training data.
- Modular Dataflow Architecture enables straightforward integration of a wide variety of third party analytics, libraries and tools.
- Based on KWIVER, the Kitware Video and Image Exploitation and Retrieval toolkit, which includes a pipelined image processing framework, baseline algorithms, and wrappers around algorithms from the broader computer vision community.
- Installers and Quick-Start Guides: Software installers, basic user manuals
- VIAME Developer’s Manual: More comprehensive guide covering building from source and examples
- VIAME Overview: Overview covering VIAME’s goals and design
- NOAA Data Overview: Overview of relevant NOAA collection platforms datasets
- Github Project Page Project development
- VIAME Blog Announcements and News
- Mailing List VIAME Discussion
The fully-annotated data for training detectors is now available. You can download the data or learn more about the data format.
We are happy to announce that our workshop program is now available here.
Kitware worked with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Automated Image Analysis Strategic Initiative (AIASI) to host a software integration and training workshop for Video and Image Analytics for the Marine Environment (VIAME). The workshop...