An Open Source Framework for Underwater Image Processing
Video and Image Analytics for a Marine Environment In cooperation with NOAA’s Automated Image Analysis Strategic Initiative (AIASI), Kitware has developed VIAME, an open-source system for analysis of underwater video and imagery for fisheries stock assessment. VIAME will enable rapid, low-cost integration of new algorithmic modules, datasets and workflows.
- Modular Dataflow Architecture enables straightforward integration of a wide variety of third party analytics, libraries and tools.
- Open Source basis fosters easy collaboration and transparent development for the widest possible community involvement.
- Based on KWIVER, the Kitware Video and Image Exploitation and Retrieval toolkit, which includes a pipelined image processing framework, baseline algorithms, and wrappers around algorithms from the broader computer vision community.
- VIAME Manual: Comprehensive guide covering build and run instructions for VIAME
- VIAME Overview: Overview covering VIAME’s goals and design
- NOAA Data Overview: Overview of relevant NOAA collection platforms datasets
- Github Project Page Project development
- VIAME Blog Announcements and News
- Mailing List VIAME Discussion
The fully-annotated data for training detectors is now available. You can download the data or learn more about the data...read more
We are happy to announce that our workshop program is now available here.read more
Kitware worked with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Automated Image Analysis Strategic Initiative (AIASI) to host a software integration and training workshop for Video and Image Analytics for the Marine Environment (VIAME). The workshop...read more