An Open Source Framework for Underwater Image Processing
Video and Image Analytics for a Marine Environment In cooperation with NOAA’s Automated Image Analysis Strategic Initiative (AIASI), Kitware has developed VIAME, an open-source system for analysis of underwater video and imagery for fisheries stock assessment. VIAME will enable rapid, low-cost integration of new algorithmic modules, datasets and workflows.
- Modular Dataflow Architecture enables straightforward integration of a wide variety of third party analytics, libraries and tools.
- Open Source basis fosters easy collaboration and transparent development for the widest possible community involvement.
- Based on KWIVER, the Kitware Video and Image Exploitation and Retrieval toolkit, an open source framework for general video and image analytics based on Kitware’s years of experience developing analytics system for public and private customers.
- Overview Presentation Slide presentation describing VIAME
- Build Instructions How to download and build VIAME
- Github Project Page Project development
- VIAME Blog Announcements and News
- Mailing List VIAME Discussion
Kitware worked with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Automated Image Analysis Strategic Initiative (AIASI) to host a software integration and training workshop for Video and Image Analytics for the Marine Environment (VIAME). The workshop...read more
An initial development step for VIAME involves the integration of a limited number of existing algorithms for detection, tracking, classification to test the framework and identify gaps and development needs. To this end, the AIASI will host a VIAME software...read more
VIAME is a processing framework designed to integrate image and video processing algorithms in a flexible processing framework. The core infrastructure connecting different system components is currently supplied by the KWIVER library by the Vital algorithm framework...read more